Favorite Summer Breakfasts
As soon as the weather starts to warm up, I crave these oats! When I first started reading running and healthy living blogs, I couldn’t understand how these bloggers ate cold oats soaked in yogurt! Now I crave them and it is my favorite way to eat a big breakfast. Don’t let the small bowl fool you! If you are watching calories, you could easily get to 500+ calories in this tiny bowl… or else that is just me because I put so much peanut butter on top! Here is my favorite mix…
- 1/2 serving of So Delicious Blueberry Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1/4-1/2 cup Silk Almond Milk
- 1 serving oats (usually 1/2 cup)
- Tbsp Chia Seeds
Mix that up at night (I usually make two at a time because I split the yogurt container) and stick it in the fridge! In the morning I add…
- Banana (or sometimes blueberries or strawberries)
- Way too much White Chocolate Wonderful – Peanut Butter & Co (cheaper at Target) This is my absolute favorite PB
My Favorite Smoothie
I am blessed with a beautiful Vitamix blender and I use it daily. It is great for hot soups in the winter, sauces for dinner, chopping veggies and of course, smoothies! Above are the ingredients I use, except I forgot to take a picture of my huge container of fresh spinach.
Here is my favorite variation and this is the order I put it into the Vitamix…
- 1 cup vanilla or original almond or light chocolate soy milk (depends if I want extra chocolate)
- Powder mixes (Usually 1 scoop chocolate vega protein, but I’ll add a scoop of Colby’s chocolate Recoverite if I just did a crazy workout or run)
- Chia seeds and PB2
- Tons and tons of spinach… seriously like 2 and 1/2 cups
- Frozen berries (usually strawberries because they taste so good in this smoothie!)
The frozen berries and banana weigh down the spinach. I feel like everything blends the best in this order.
Not the prettiest color, but it is delicious!!